SAFE’s goal is to create communities where children and their loved ones grow up protected, thriving and free from CSA—ensuring a SAFE world for years to come.
Strategies for achieving our goal are:
- Evidence-informed and/or evidence-based prevention education and training for adults (youth serving organizations, early child care providers, schools, youth sports groups, faith-based groups, parents and more).
- Early intervention for potential and actual victims of CSA.
- Collaboration with organizations to research and develop programs and policies that prevent CSA
- Public information campaigns to de-stigmatize CSA
- Empowerment events
- Advocacy for policy change
Taken together, these strategies prevent CSA and its long-term, traumatic effects on individuals, families and communities.